Activity #2: Art with Maple Seed Pods

Doing crafts with backyard materials is seasonal, interactive and a great way to teach science. 

PARENT TIP: Always have a basket (kid safe snippers, a magnifying glass, little collection jars, and a torch light) and a pair of shoes near the yard door. That way you are instantly adventure ready. 

MATERIALS
Paper with basic design (draw your own or use these FREE printables - Hummingbird, Dragon fly). 
Colors - crayons, color pencils, paint or markers
Glue
Wings - dried winged seeds or even small leaves will work. 
METHOD
- The biggest goal for me is to keep my kid occupied for the longest time. Spend a while collecting the best looking winged seeds. 

- Color the design. You can even paint the wings or color them with marker. 

- Stick the wings to the design. 
- Make them on a folded piece of paper to use as a greeting card. I use these for thank you cards, which works perfectly since it has a personal touch. 

- Have fun and I am always happy to hear of any work inspired from my posts.  
Use @madhuvika to tag me on Instagram.


Comments

Popular Posts