Project #21: Donald and Daisy Duck Costumes DIY

It is the time of the year to display creativity, and thriftiness by creating the perfect Halloween costume for the family. My daughter (3 years old) wanted to be Minnie mouse. She insisted that my husband and I should dress up as Donald and Daisy Duck, respectively. 

It was a fair request and I found a simple yet effective way to make the costume with existing resources (for under $10). Here's what I used 

- Plain white baseball caps $2 +$2 shipping/each (https://www.wish.com/product/594cc65eb87887708c08002a?&source=search)
- Felt sheets - I had leftovers from a previous project. 
Dark blue
Light blue
Purple / violet
Yellow 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCLS32M/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_IqqWDbGR4M2CZ

- Acrylic Paint
Black
White
Yellow
Purple
Blue

I first colored the beaks yellow and sketched the faces onto the cap. I then painted the eyes as shown in the figure below. 


For Donald Duck
- I cut out two circles of approximately 4 inches with the dark blue felt and stiched the edges and filled it up like a cushion. 
- I then cut out a light blue ribbon with a forked end on one side and stitched the other side to the center of the cushion along with a big black button as shown. 

For Daisy Duck
- I cut out a rectangle (4 x 6 inches) in the violet felt and folded to make it a fan. I then stiched the center with a strip of yellow felt to complete the bow. This bow I sew it into the central top of Daisy's head. 

Voila! It's done. 

Comments

Popular Posts