Project #5: Amigurumi it is!

As you may know I have a compulsive need to craft. If I find a particular thing pretty and DIY-able, then I will end up making it! Pinterest has tripled, may be even quadrupled the amount of time I spend crafting. It can be very taxing especially with a 24x7 job as a neuroscientist. Anyway, talking about Pinterest, It is such an amazing place to look for inspiration, almost overwhelming. That's where I found the most adorable "Amigurumi dolls".



Turns out Amigurumi is not French (as I thought since "ami" in French is friend) but its Japanese literally meaning crocheted doll with "ami" meaning crocheted and "nuigurumi" meaning stuffed doll. 


These dolls are not difficult to make if you know basic crocheting. All you need is the imagination and a ball of yarn (may be more, I am known to exaggerate). 

 It took me a couple of hours to make each doll shown above. It was totally worth the time and effort. Most importantly, my niece loves them :)

Comments

Popular Posts